Cocoa Almond & Banana Stuffed French Toast
The kid in me is grinning ear to ear!
- 6 thick slices TJ’s Artisan Bread (we used the Rustic variety)
- 1/2 cup TJ’s Cocoa Almond Spread (or substitute Cashew Butter)
- 2 TJ’s Bananas, sliced
- 1 cup TJ’s Milk
- 4 TJ’s Eggs
- 2 tsp TJ’s Ground Cinnamon
- 1-2 Tbsp TJ’s Unsalted Butter
- 3 Tbsp TJ’s Short Stack Pancake Syrup
- 4-5 TJ’s Strawberries, sliced into heart shapes
Make a deep cut into each slice of bread to create a pocket, and stuff generously with cocoa almond spread and bananas. Whisk milk, eggs and cinnamon together in a medium dish. Melt butter in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. While skillet is heating, dip each side of the stuffed bread pocket into the egg mixture then fry in batches until golden brown on both sides. Top each slice with another layer of cocoa almond spread, sliced bananas and syrup. Garnish the plate with fresh strawberries and enjoy!
Cooking Time: 25 – 30 Minutes